Human Resources Departments like all departments have experienced downsizing in the last few years and this has made it efficiency more important than ever before. The most cost effective way for HR Departments to increase productivity is through the use of the many software solution available today. As budgets become tighter, HR Managers will be required to make critical decisions regarding their choice of software.
The following are critical steps in evaluating your needs:
- Create an Assessment Team
- Clarify Needs
- Share Your Goals
- Evaluate The Current Systems
- Establish Timelines and Budgets
- Determine Features and Benefits
- Review Software Solutions
- Pick The Top Two
- Get Product Demonstrations
- Get Proposals in WRITING!
- Review Your Options Again
- Make Your Decision
Don’t be rushed into making a decision on any piece of HR Software. There are usually multiple choices available and you should be aware of your options. Be aware that there is always a learning curve for the staff so ensure that training is available on the new system(s).